What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes: How to change sync settings without connecting device?

xlar54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to stop itunes from syncing my contacts. But to do this, I need to edit the sync settings before i plug the device in. But those settings arent available until after youve plugged the device in.. chicken, meet egg. Any ideas on how to do this?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you load up iTunes, connect your device, and then immediately swipe the screen when it comes up with message "swipe to cancel sync" (not sure if that's the precise wording). Bingo, you can change your settings and then manually sync.

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
I remember that the Application preferences of iTunes(CMD+,) has got a panel to configure the devices, including an option to choose whether or not sync automatically when the devices connect.
But this was on a Mac, not sure if the PC version works the same way.

rayw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My first post and the reason I came here in the first place.
I found the answer:
Open I tunes after it recognizes your device (iPad, iPhone) click on it's name. And then click on info at the top of the right hand panel. There you will see at the top SYNC OUTLOOK and other options down the page, just UN-click the ones you don't want.
Regards, Ray

Most reactions

Latest posts