What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes concept question

rduffy01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find after a quick search. I just got an iPad2. Love it. I'm trying to set up my iTunes library on a home server (HP MediaSmart) and I seem to have the music files loaded on the server and I've told my iTunes on my MacBook Pro to look on the server for the iTunes library. So far so good.

Question: When I sync my iPad to my MacBook Pro, will it now copy my music library from the server to the iPad? So when I'm on a plane or otherwise away from wifi (I don't have the 3G pad) will there be any music on my iPad? Just want to make sure I understand conceptually how things are supposed to work here.

Thanks in advance for any response!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Yes, whatever you choose to sync will be copied from your library to the ipad.

I think you may be getting confused with home sharing, which allows you access to your entire library over wifi, without the need to copy the files to the ipad.

Most reactions