What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes and upgrading

ringlert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an advantage to using Itunes to upgrade an Ipad2 from ios5 to ios6? The question has to do with going back to ios5 if ios6 has created the problems some people are having. My wife's Ipad2 is doing everything she needs it to do and I'm concerned I will screw that up. I have a Ipad3, given to me by my brother, with ios6 and works great. I'm trying to make sure it stays in my hands and not end up inmy spouse's hands.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ringlert said:
Is there an advantage to using Itunes to upgrade an Ipad2 from ios5 to ios6? The question has to do with going back to ios5 if ios6 has created the problems some people are having. My wife's Ipad2 is doing everything she needs it to do and I'm concerned I will screw that up. I have a Ipad3, given to me by my brother, with ios6 and works great. I'm trying to make sure it stays in my hands and not end up inmy spouse's hands.

It's up to you. Google maps disappears along with its Streetview which I miss very much. A substitute can be loaded but there is no zoom in Streetview. YouTube disappears but again it can replaced with alternatives. I never did find any real difference with the operating system compared to 5 and suspect that the change was more to do with iPads 3 and 4. Oh, and once done, you can't go back to 5.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

OP
R

ringlert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'll sit tight with what's working, especially with the last sentence.

Most reactions

Latest posts