What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Accounts Being Hacked

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cnet Story Link

Picture-10531-499x346.png

Last edited:
OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are more of a media outlet than a large Mac Forum.

The story in the same context as the CNET piece has been posted on several other major media sites as well.

I take it that you disagree?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reports are that $1400 has been taken from a few accounts. What I have read, it is more of an individual failure than an Apple failure. These individuals lose nothing, and the culprit has been shut down. If anything, it should remind people they need to monitor their accounts and use adequate passwords.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you only need to look at this logically. CNET is a media outlet that lives on media hype. The fact that there was any hacking involved gets reported and it's a big story for them. They get what they want. When it turns out there story was bogus, they never look back at it. Mac Rumors, meanwhile, is a small web site that survives on accurate information. Information that remains there to be reviewed and scrutinized, every time they report something that turns out to be inaccurate they have to eat crow about it.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most reports this morning are that it was greatly exagerrated.

That said no account can ever be secure. Just make sure you have a good password and check your account regularly.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, even Cnet was running stories about the reports being exaggerated, of course never admitting they were the cause of the exaggeration.

Most reactions

Latest posts