What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's official - I'm getting an iPad for Christmas

ipfmike

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife and I went to the local Apple store Saturday and she bought my Christmas gift - 32GB wifi-only iPad. Now all I have to do is wait 12 days.:)

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I did while waiting for iPads to get in stock at a local store, organized all my music and videos to be able to almost immediately start using the thing once I got it.

NYR16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it helps...I have to wait 12 days too.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good choice, you won't regret it even if there's a revised iPad coming out in April...there's going to be little difference anyway!

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to wait for Christmas for mine too but while waiting I have added about 1000 books to itunes as well as music and movies. I am editing a lot of pictures now to put on the ipad as well. I am counting down the days as I am sure you are too. Don't ya just love getting such cool gifts for Christmas!!!!!!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 piece of advice - Do not Sync

To those of you preparing a all lot of books, Magazines, and Songs.
See that your iTune is defined NOT to sync everything with your iPAD.
When the time comes, just copy ( Select and drag) all the contents from the librery directly to you device area.
Only thing you may sync is the Application. Prepare some free games and free application.
Do not JailBreak Yet.
After few days, make a backup.
After 2 or 3 weeks, see if you can JailBreak properly.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2

Good choice, you won't regret it even if there's a revised iPad coming out in April...there's going to be little difference anyway!
I agree there would have to be a shed load of changes to make buying a new one really worth it!
You will love the iPad, best thing I ever bought! (except my wedding ring of course!)
:)

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those of you preparing a all lot of books, Magazines, and Songs.
See that your iTune is defined NOT to sync everything with your iPAD.
When the time comes, just copy ( Select and drag) all the contents from the librery directly to you device area.
Only thing you may sync is the Application. Prepare some free games and free application.
Do not JailBreak Yet.
After few days, make a backup.
After 2 or 3 weeks, see if you can JailBreak properly.

why shouldn't we sync the first time we connect our new ipads?

OP
ipfmike

ipfmike

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I spent the last couple of months deciding on which apps I want. peled - thanks for the non-sync tip. I already do that with my iPod.

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why wait till christmas aren't we all adults here, I give my gf her gift a month early. Christmas is just a day like any other unless you believe in santa. But I get it you want to be all romantic and exchange gifts and play christmas songs act all suprised.

What if the world ends tommorow and you never experience the awesomeness of the ipad. Go ahead open it, it's calling you.......................hahahahaha

Most reactions

Latest posts