What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad jailbroken?

Is your iPad jailbroken?

• Yes

Votes: 62 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 166 64.1%
  • I plan to jailbreak when it is available for my firmware.

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke mine 5 mins after buying it. Did it in her car on the way home.
I won't upgrade it till a jailbreak is released for that firmware.
Jailbreaking it is the way it should be in the first place.
Without jailbreak you are missing out on it's full potential.

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently on 3.2.2 and as far as I am concerned there is no jailbreak. When there is one I will jailbreak but by the time it's released iOS 4 will be available. Hopefully you can jailbreak that firmware.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading many of the posts in the Hacking section, this does not exactly inspire me to say, "Wow, I just gotta jailbreak my iPad!"

firmament

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No and I do not want to jailbreak it either. I am happy with the way it works as is.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, a real fanboy finds ways around the annoyances and limitations...and if he can't, he convinces himself that it is better that way anyhow. :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw a press release that says that the developers of the iOS 4.2 jailbreak will have it ready by the time Apple officially releases iOS 4.2 to the public. They admit that there are still quite a few bugs to be worked out, but they have committed to the November release date and do not anticipate that it will cause any major problems.

They are so excited about this new software, that they have even hired the same advertising agency that McDonald's uses to come up with a new slogan for the software --

Jailbreak 4.2 "Because you deserve a brick today!"

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes mine is jaibroken, would not have it any other way, did it after getting it home from the store, jailbreak the way to go.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading many of the posts in the Hacking section, this does not exactly inspire me to say, "Wow, I just gotta jailbreak my iPad!"

Some of those people having problems may not be the brightest crayons in the box. Then again, it's really not rocket science and it can be reversed quite easily if you want it to. I have to agree that for backgrounder alone, it is worth doing.

Most reactions