What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is This Man Really Holding A 7-Inch iPad, Or Is It Just A Big Old Hoax?!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Sources all over the web, including Cult of Mac, have been posting this picture of a Taiwanese pop star and race car driver called Jimmy Lin, who claims to be holding a genuine, authentic prototype of a 7-inch iPad Mini in his right hand. Most commentators on the internet seem to think it must be a fake, especially as Steve Jobs has previously said that Apple does not intend to ever bring out a 7-inch iPad. It’s not even a very clear picture, so it’s hard to get all excited, but then again, you never know! Taiwan is often the source of very accurate Apple news, as many components of Apple’s devices are made there, so it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that someone in Taiwan might be able to get their hands on a prototype, especially a celebrity, as they always seem to get cool stuff before the rest of us!

Source: Famous Taiwan Race Car Driver Claims He Has An iPad Mini | Cult of Mac

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can tell by grip of the right hand, it's like he's holding something as light as a piece of paper.

Can't make out the home Hutton.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, digitimes have stated that apple is making a 7 inch version with a9 chip...

Lorrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally doubt that Apple would let something like this out to anyone without announcing it in a well-hyped speech, first.

If this really is a prototype, then it's been stolen or leaked, and in that case we'll probably see the same chaos that ensued when the Iphone proto got 'left behind' at a bar.

Magnifying it didn't really give me many clues, which leads me to another question. If this is a true claim, why not a closer-up picture? I mean, wouldn't you really want to prove it beyond a doubt?

/rant off

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, digitimes have stated that apple is making a 7 inch version with a9 chip...

Too bad Steve Jobs said they aren't...

Looks like a Galaxy Tab with a full screen image of an iPad homescreen.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's one of those China ones ,they call it e-pad :D .

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Old Hoax!
Yeah, I also read the news that Steve Jobs said they won't make a 7Inch iPad, but I think they will, that's just Jobs crack jokes for advertising!! :D

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hoax !!

Obvious hoax - a simple Photoshop job. Among other things, note the black border proportions are the same; a narrower % of border is something we're likely to see on iPad #2, to make better use of the screen area.

If he had a real 7-inch version, he would have posted it all over U-Toob by now.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a 7" pad. If price was $299 or less.

Sometimes ipad just too big to carry around everywhere..

Most reactions

Latest posts