What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there now an app for ipad volume control?

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the physical volume control isn't fine enough and the slider is way too fine as i just barely move my finger and it is still too loud or no volume. is there an app that will allow me to control the volume so that i don't have to make teeny weeny little movements with the slider?
thanks,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no volume control app, at least not without jailbreaking.

There is, however, a trick that might help you with finer control of the sliders you already use. Instead of sliding with your finger on top of the slider, where it obscures what you can see; touch the slider and slide/move your finger down until you can see the slider better, then move the finger right/left to adjust.

Also, music/audio apps almost always adjust the iPad's sound, not just for their own apps. So if you can find an app with controls you like, you can use that.

For instance, if you play a song in the Music app and choose the Playing Now option, you get an album cover view with a larger than usual volume control under it. Adjust the music to the level you want, then stop the music. When you go back to the home page and check the Control Panel you will see the volume changed there as well.

That's about all I can think of.

OP
V

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no volume control app, at least not without jailbreaking.

There is, however, a trick that might help you with finer control of the sliders you already use. Instead of sliding with your finger on top of the slider, where it obscures what you can see; touch the slider and slide/move your finger down until you can see the slider better, then move the finger right/left to adjust.

Also, music/audio apps almost always adjust the iPad's sound, not just for their own apps. So if you can find an app with controls you like, you can use that.

For instance, if you play a song in the Music app and choose the Playing Now option, you get an album cover view with a larger than usual volume control under it. Adjust the music to the level you want, then stop the music. When you go back to the home page and check the Control Panel you will see the volume changed there as well.

That's about all I can think of.
twerpoet: thanks,
i do move my finger down and you are correct in that it helps, but then i have to sloooowwwllly take it away or any false move dramatically changes it. i usually use "tune in radio" so i'll have to search a little more in their app for a more useable volume control.
thanks again.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found the the volume to be very sensitive too , the buttons move the volume in greater increments than the slider , it takes a little getting used too , sometimes I'll roll my finger a little which helps with refining the volume a little , especially at night . During the day either ipad , ipod or phone I use in a Klipsch sound dock on full volume which has greater control over the volume .

OP
V

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drew: which leads you to believe that someone, other than me, has the capabilities of creating an app for this purpose.

twerppoit: ipad3 full size.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I don't know , it wouldn't be a bad idea if a more user friendly app were developed for people who prefer to adjust their volume with greater control , for me though it's ok .

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not just drag up from the bottom of the screen, which displays various controls, including brightness and volume controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions