What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app info app??

Algoz66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that will tell you the total Mb being used by each installed app? I know you can get this info from iTunes once iPad is connected but I would also like to view this info without connecting to pc.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any app that does that on the device. Apple don't allow apps to interact with the whole file system because of their sandbox approach. I could be wrong, but I don't think one exists.
You can see the storage used overall and the number of apps you have in Settings > General > About

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app store app on the ipad lists the size of each app. I always check this before I download, and sometimes after to see which are the big space hogs.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no app for this, but you can see the size of each of your installed apps in iTunes when you have your iPad connected to your PC. There's a "list by size" option which is quite useful.

OP
A

Algoz66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies. Guess I'm stuck with looking it on iTunes. Cheers.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be interesting information, but what would you do with it? :)

OP
A

Algoz66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make an informed decision as to whether I wish to delete a large but useless app!

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's useless, why delete it now, regardless of size? You can check app sizes on iTunes, fwiw.

OP
A

Algoz66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I know you can get this info from iTunes . If you read my original post at the top of this thread that's exactly what I said!

Most reactions

Latest posts