What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is There An APP for Sheet Music?

MattMI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be GREAT if you can buy electronic sheet music. I sing in two choirs and I carry large music portfolios to each rehearsal. It would be totally convenient if this service was available. With my sheet music in electronic format, I could enlarge sections that I'm practicing, I can easily skip around the pages. I can take maestro notes during rehearsal and maybe even use the iPad during the performance?

The ideal would be to record a rehearsal and then on my own time, sing along with the recording, learning the literature, and being able to perform fully prepared.

OP
M

MattMI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU for responding

and providing a link to your (?) application. I am going to sign up. From what I could see on the linked website, this is exactly what I'm looking for--now I have another reason to buy the IPad.

Regards, Matt

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and providing a link to your (?) application. I am going to sign up. From what I could see on the linked website, this is exactly what I'm looking for--now I have another reason to buy the IPad.

Regards, Matt

This is an interesting needing i admit i have not think about this usage :) but be sure i will and see what can be done in that field

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that is one cool way to create and make use of the iPad and its portability, huff on you people touting this as one big iPod, just too cool.

This also goes to show just how many ways almost unsurmountable, that the iPad can be used where Desktop and Laptop can not. Oh, and obviously a netbook too.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to hear something related to music on the iPad, go to iTunes Store, do a podcast search and you will find: "The iPad Possibilities Podcast"

The second episode deals with music. It lasts about 55 minutes.

OP
M

MattMI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks For Recommending ITunes

and the podcast on IPad Possibilities. My needs to manage music are very simple. The podcast made me realize the endless possibilities that is presented by IPad. That podcast was certainly worthwhile and I thank you for pointing me to it.

OP
M

MattMI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the Link to Musicnotes

It is great to know that there are two applications getting ready for the IPad. Based on your link I now have additional knowledge about managing my sheet music. Musicnotes seems to be an online music publisher so this is good to have the link so that if I wanted to buy sheet music, I have a source.

I wonder if there are other apps like this out there?

dori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be GREAT if you can buy electronic sheet music. I sing in two choirs and I carry large music portfolios to each rehearsal. It would be totally convenient if this service was available. With my sheet music in electronic format, I could enlarge sections that I'm practicing, I can easily skip around the pages. I can take maestro notes during rehearsal and maybe even use the iPad during the performance?

The ideal would be to record a rehearsal and then on my own time, sing along with the recording, learning the literature, and being able to perform fully prepared.

Check out "Classic Melody Book" in the iTunes store
I heard that they have a new app coming out soon that fits exactly what you need.
;)

Most reactions

Latest posts