What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is There a Screen Back Up (Viewing) Function on the iPad?

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a "back up button" on the iPad?

You know - like on your computer, when you want to go back to the screen you were on before your present one, you click on the back arrow, and you can back up for as many screens as you have been on recently. Then you can go forward again, one screen at a time.

I don't see anything like that on my iPad. Is it there?

OP
P

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For web browsing? Yes.

For navigating between apps, no.

Well, the problem comes up for me mainly when I am in the app store. Let's say I check out a particular app. I decide I don't like it. I want to go back to the screen I was on just prior to that. Can't do it. At least, I don't know how to do it. I have to go back to the main screen (Categories) and then start working my way down the directory tree once again.

That seems cumbersome. How about it that context - any way to back up there?

And, while I have you on the line, you know the answer to my other thread about updating my iPad software? That's the question I really need answered ASAP.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...do-i-update-my-ipads-software.html#post109413

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That annoying iTunes behavior is a feature.. It makes sure that your shopping experience is awkward :)

I don't know why they can't get around that 'back to the first screen' when browsing an app category with lots of selections. I'll be willing to bet that it's cost some app developers a sale or two because people got sick of going back to the first screen again and just give up.... Maybe some day they'' fix it.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the top left corner of the app store there will sometimes be a button with the left side a triangle. Press that.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I've seen this complaint before. My solution? In iTunes type inside the search box a generic term for what you are looking for. "Free iPad apps" or "iPad games" for instance. Then "See All" This will load up a number of pages from which you can seach through always returning to the last page you were on. To move forward or back in the search scroll to the bottom of the screen and use the <Back or Next> prompts. Works flawlessly every time.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For web browsing? Yes.

For navigating between apps, no.

I use my multitasking to navigate between apps that I've downloaded to my iPad. For navigating between apps in the app store, I use AppShopper (or other apps like AppStream) to search and filter the apps I'm looking for, and then multitask switch to the App store to download it. While that app is downloading, I multitask switch back to the page I was just on before. Easier and faster than navigating and downloading within the App store itself. Try it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts