What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a free app that can (without upgrading) let me add text and drawing to pdfs?

dapii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps I have found come in these categories:

-The popular documents apps. They only allow annotation, and not text and drawing onto the pdf.

-Signing apps do most of this but saves the drawings like signatures which is unneccesary and hard to edit because they aren't intended for notetaking

-exporting pdfs. The main thing that comes up when searching the app store.

This is for note taking, but one of the popular note apps can do this with pdfs, only on blank pages.

I would also like to be able to edit word documents.

Also, is there any way I can upload documents to the internet without an app for the website? I'm using turnitin at uni and cannot upload documents from my ipad.

Edit: Not all of this has to be done in one app. It would be nice though... all arranged in notebooks.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PDF Expert allows you to place text anywhere on the document you like. It will also allow you to enter text fields on PDF forms that have them embedded.

It is not free, but at $2 not exactly expensive.
image-1699404538.jpg

The Adobe Reader app is free, and may do what you want. I'm not sure.

However, for actually editing Word Documents, you might be better off with an Office Compatible app. There are lots. Search the forum for dozens of threads on the subject, features, and people's favorites.

The iCab Mobile Browser can upload to most websites. You have to copy the document to the app's folders first, using Open In or another method. Once you do you can visit a site and upload the document the same as you would on a desktop browser. Due to the many methods used to create upload capability on a site, not every site works. The only way to find out is to try, or get someone who already has the browser to try for you.

There may be other browsers or apps that will do this, but iCab Mobile is the only one I'm aware of.

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PDFpen is another alternative for editing PDFs on the iPad. It's a bit expensive at $15, but is very powerful and highly rated.

Most reactions