What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a car charger for ipad??

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going on vacation and would love to charge my iPad in the car while driving. I'm not seeing anything labeled as "car charger"? Is there one? Should I check an apple store? Thanks! Annette

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anmanwar said:
I'm going on vacation and would love to charge my iPad in the car while driving. I'm not seeing anything labeled as "car charger"? Is there one? Should I check an apple store? Thanks! Annette

The apple online store has a car charger for your iPad.Look under cables and docks in the iPad section.If you haven't already done so,the apple store has a free app in the app store for you to download.
If you have a local Apple store you could see if they have any in stock before ordering online,it would be quicker.

Barnipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the Griffen Powerjolt car charger with usb cable yesterday. 2.1 Amp, should be strong enough to charge ipad while using it, I read in another thread that someone complained that car charger (do not know which one he was using) could not keep ipad charged but that he was using 2 gps programs and listening to music also.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The apple online store has a car charger for your iPad.Look under cables and docks in the iPad section.If you haven't already done so,the apple store has a free app in the app store for you to download.
If you have a local Apple store you could see if they have any in stock before ordering online,it would be quicker.

Ok, thanks!! Annette

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Barnipad said:
Bought the Griffen Powerjolt car charger with usb cable yesterday. 2.1 Amp, should be strong enough to charge ipad while using it, I read in another thread that someone complained that car charger (do not know which one he was using) could not keep ipad charged but that he was using 2 gps programs and listening to music also.

Thank you!! Annette

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've used the Griffin one for two years. Works well.

I have been using the Kensington one. It has two USB connections....one powerful enough for an iPad and one that can be used to charge an iPhone. Works great!

vividenigma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy a USB charger that plugs into your lighter socket and just plug the USB cord from your home charger into it. They aren't too expensive.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accessories in apple store are too expensive, I suggest you not to buy them. I always use the third party products ,Pisen products works well $8.66 - TinyDeal - (PISEN) Mini Car Charger for Apple iPad iPhone iPod MCG-82995
Apple has made a big benifit from these luxurious accessories.

I don't trust cheap chargers. If I buy from a reputable maker, chances are quality is better. And if there's something wrong with a charger and it damages my electronics or burns down my house, I know there's a reputable company behind the charger. (Also chances of getting recall notices if other users have probs with the same charger.) Good luck with that with cheapo chargers, especially bought off eBay or such.

The cost and construction of Apple's iPhone charger | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wosiccp said:
Accessories in apple store are too expensive, I suggest you not to buy them. I always use the third party products ,Pisen products works well $8.66 - TinyDeal - (PISEN) Mini Car Charger for Apple iPad iPhone iPod MCG-82995
Apple has made a big benifit from these luxurious accessories.

The hunt for the cheapest accessory prices is not the be all/end all of iPad ownership.You should also,take the quality of the product into consideration when looking for accessories.The best value for your money is not always the cheapest item on the market.

prflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From your post is not clear if you will be renting a car or if you will be driving your own car to where you will be vacationing. If you will be renting then many new rental cars have AC plugs (home type plug) where you could use your home charger to charge your devices. You should check with rental company availability of this feature.

Last edited:
OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vividenigma said:
Buy a USB charger that plugs into your lighter socket and just plug the USB cord from your home charger into it. They aren't too expensive.

Ooh good idea! Thanks

Trustme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try getting a small inverter that plugs into your dc outlet on the car. It produces ac power that should power your standard ac charger. I got one for $20 at Canadian Tire. The bonus is that you can use it to run any ac appliance including as well. Great travel asset.

eKindom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe you can go and check this: Accessories for Apple, Repair Parts for Apple, Online Store | eKindom.com
there are many apple accessories with good quality and ideal price.
1.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts