What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it worth to buy Avatar from itunes

rishi85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just need ONE movie on my Ipad-2 and I wanted Avatar. As I mentioned in my previous threads- the damn thing costs 20 bucks!
Is it worth having Avatar on the Ipad-2. Does anyone have that film- Hos is the quality? Because if it ain't worth it then I might as well burn the movie from a converter and buy Total Recall-which at 6 dollars is a steal- instead.

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really think anyone can answer this question given that value is a very relative thing. A movie which I may think to be outstanding might only evince a wrinkled nose in others.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone's taste is different. What might be worth it to some isn't for others. I guess it all depends on how badly you want to see that movie on your iPad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Reaction score
My opinion only; the best thing about the movie is the special effects on a large screen. To shrink them down to 10" would be a waste of money to me. I'd buy a used copy for cheap at a movie store and put it on with iTunes if I were going to pay for it.$20 is way high to me when if you take away the graphics it's an ok movie at best.
Again just my opinion

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I would just rip it from a DVD. Even if you have to buy the DVD I can't imagine it costing more than $20 (I spent less than that for the DVD/Bluray combo pack) and you would have a physical copy as well as the digital copy.

As I said in one of your other threads, I use Handbrake and DVD43 (both free downloads). Handbrake has an iPad setting so it is really easy to make sure you get a file that will look good on it. It takes awhile to rip the file (3-5 hours) but it takes me just as long to download a movie from iTunes. I just set it up before I go to bed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I would just rip it from a DVD. Even if you have to buy the DVD I can't imagine it costing more than $20 (I spent less than that for the DVD/Bluray combo pack) and you would have a physical copy as well as the digital copy.

As I said in one of your other threads, I use Handbrake and DVD43 (both free downloads). Handbrake has an iPad setting so it is really easy to make sure you get a file that will look good on it.

I agree. Plus, you could buy used DVDs if you want to save money.

Most reactions