What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to back up to 2 computers??

lisacj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Having just lost ALL my contact and calendar data from my iPhone (long story but basically it got wiped and then when I synced, it backed up a blank version so when I restored, it only restored a blank version...), I would like to back up to my lap top as well as my PC, but when I try to do this, my laptop tells me I already have an itunes library and wants to delete everything. Is there a way round this??

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is very simple .
I just duplicated my all iTune Directory ( Under Music in Win7) from one Computer to the other.
Just remember.
I have only Applictions there.
I never keep books, Music etc'. These I never Sync.
I sync only App.

OP
L

lisacj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for replying so quickly, and sorry for being such an iPad thicky, but I wanted to back up the whole thing? Is there a problem with the music being included?
Also, how do I 'duplicate from one computer to the other'?

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I basically moved my whole iTunes library and everything into a huge 50GB drive and with a little bit of help from google I moved my backup folder too,so no problem. Your library can include music apps ebooks photos and everything except the backup. Most of the things that you sync to iPad stays in your "My Music" folder,just keep a copy of that folder somewhere else and you are good to go.

Most reactions

Latest posts