What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is Apple planning for The New iPad to go through a complete overhaul ?

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am dearly hoping every bit of this to not to be true.

As recent as last week there is this report (apparently rumour as of now ) which has been reported on Digitimes, the ever so reliable source as far as Apple News is concerned. Digitimes is reporting that leading to such a public furore and uproar of the new iPad overheating so much (Which I am still not able to fathom what the Heck People are talking about ?? )that Apple is secretly thinking about making a drastic makeover to the current New iPad by changing the current IPS DUAL LED Screen to Single LED IGZO Display screen there by also reducing the battery size to half of what it is right now.

My question is, how on earth ?? in middle of a product life cycle can Apple make such a big overhaul to the product, is it profitable? Is it feasible? in terms of resources used, time used, engineering technology used everything it just makes no sense atall to do this right now. I sincerely hope this is just a rumour and nothing else.

I am getting worried coz I had owned the new iPad but due to display flaws returned it and have decideD on to wait till things stabilise but that in no ways means that I am ready to compromise on a completely new Product Technology from what they released in the first 5 months of the releasing this product. How can Apple expect half of the people in world be using a iPad-3 which is a different product and remaining the other. I sincerely wish and pray to god that this does not happen and become true. I have already tasted blood in the form of how brilliant the current new iPad is (To the Lucky one's who have got perfect screens) and no ways am I ready to now see a changed product. Gosh what a shocker ! Apple you are preety good in playing deceptive games !

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not unusual for Apple or any manufacturer to introduce changes to a product during its lifespan. Changes can be introduced to solve problems,increase usability or reduce production costs.
Apple has already made changes to the iPad 2 since the iPad 3 has been introduced.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not unusual for Apple or any manufacturer to introduce changes to a product during its lifespan. Changes can be introduced to solve problems,increase usability or reduce production costs.
Apple has already made changes to the iPad 2 since the iPad 3 has been introduced.

Changes to iPad-2 ?? I never knew that !! And what are these changes made to the iPad-2 ?.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The A5 chip in the currently produced iPad 2 was manufactured with a 32 nm fabrication process instead of the previous 45 nm process.
Apple A5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:) that is such a non affecting change to a common user that it hardly matters to anyone :D but when you are talking about making changes to screen display and stuff which is very evident and visible that is worrying :eek:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
augustya said:
:) that is such a non affecting change to a common user that it hardly matters to anyone :D but when you are talking about making changes to screen display and stuff which is very evident and visible that is worrying :eek:

Battery life with the 32 nm A5 chip in the iPad 2 is 15-30% greater than with the previous 45 nm A5 chip.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you imagine what a new screen for the iPad 3 that consumed significantly less power but had the same brightness and resolution would do to the battery life if the battery remained the same?

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you imagine what a new screen for the iPad 3 that consumed significantly less power but had the same brightness and resolution would do to the battery life if the battery remained the same?

And that is precisely what I am not sure about that the IGZO Displays will have the same brilliance as the current Dual LED IPS Displays, tried and tested one's...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not worth an upgrade if you already have the 2012 iPad, IMO.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Not worth an upgrade if you already have the 2012 iPad, IMO.

No,but an added incentive to upgrade for someone who doesn't already own an iPad 3.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't experienced any problems with my new iPad. I wonder if I had registered a problem like screen bleed, over heating, or battery charging, would I be able to trade in my iPad for this new version? And for that matter, if the newer version was lighter, better battery performance, would Apple allow me to trade in my otherwise working older but still the new iPad so that I could take advantage of this improved version? AND furthermore beyond my previous furthermore, what would Apple name this newest iPad?

Okay, I just realized I haven't had my coffee yet and I'm participating in speculation about a product that doesn't exist! And yet despite that, I'm still intrigued by this discussion.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I haven't experienced any problems with my new iPad. I wonder if I had registered a problem like screen bleed, over heating, or battery charging, would I be able to trade in my iPad for this new version? And for that matter, if the newer version was lighter, better battery performance, would Apple allow me to trade in my otherwise working older but still the new iPad so that I could take advantage of this improved version? AND furthermore beyond my previous furthermore, what would Apple name this newest iPad?

Okay, I just realized I haven't had my coffee yet and I'm participating in speculation about a product that doesn't exist! And yet despite that, I'm still intrigued by this discussion.

No, no, iPad. The new one will be a bigger iPad touch.

Most reactions

Latest posts