What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anybodys iPad 2 feel a little warm on the back after jailbreak?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed early when I was downloading a 500mb game from the App Store the top left of my iPad was very warm and I've never noticed it before. I though it was because I was downloading but after using the iPad normally such as Internet surfing it still felt a little warmer than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been downloading non-stop for the last 4 hours and temperature is fine. I have never heard of a JB cause a device to overheat, but if you have installed an incompatible (possibly iPhone) tweak then that could be racing in the background.

An app (from App Store) like "System Status" can help you identify if that is happening.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I´ve spent the better part of the afternoon going from Cydia to Settings to here. Back and forth. Hither and dither. Downloading one app after the other. Tweaking my iPad to my hearts content. So, of course, its rear became warm, albeit more from my hands and lap than anything else...

And: I think I´ve got my device, more or less, as I want it now.

For now, that is... :D

//Stefan

Last edited:

Most reactions