What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 2012 the end??

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to know what the rest of the world thinks about the end of days in year 2012. Whats your opinion?

Electaguitar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its whatever.

They're telling us when were going to die, yet they cant predict tomorrows weather accurately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I remember right this prediction is based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

Given how difficult the computation and recording process was in the Mayan culture and time, I figure the guy who was making the calendar died before he got any further. I mean, how many mathematically talented stone carving calendar obsessed Mayans could there have been? Everyone else was perfectly content to just make copies, which was dedication enough considering the materials. ;)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If I remember right this prediction is based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

Given how difficult the computation and recording process was in the Mayan culture and time, I figure the guy who was making the calendar died before he got any further. I mean, how many mathematically talented stone carving calendar obsessed Mayans could there have been? Everyone else was perfectly content to just make copies, which was dedication enough considering the materials. ;)

its more then just the Mayan calender, there are a few different groups like the Hopi Indians, Nostradamus... etc that all agree.

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What the naysayers neglect to tell you is that the alignment of the planets on December 21st occurs EVERY December 21st. Plus the Mayan calendar isn't ending, but merely starts the cycle over again.

As an amateur astronomer we get asked these questions from the general public. That and the myth that every August, Mars will be as big as the Moon.

R,
AC

Sent from my IPad

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just hope that Apple gets to release the iPad 3 and iPhone 6 before the end comes...so I have some time to play with the new toys...

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's a hoax. if you read the bible, you'd know it's rumors. no one can predict it.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's a hoax. if you read the bible, you'd know it's rumors. no one can predict it.

Exactly what I was going to say. The bible says that no man will know the end of times....ONLY the Lord will know.

SO no it is not the end.

Will something happen? Possibly.....but it will not be the end.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its whatever.

They're telling us when were going to die, yet they cant predict tomorrows weather accurately.

LMAO oh how very true that is.. As for the whole end of the world thing, they say the same thing every single year, they just need something to do so they start crap to get people talking!

ipad2iscool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don’t think 2012 is the end of the world, as a few people have made predictions about the world ending in 2000 or 2006 and it never happened so what makes 2012 any different? It's just another silly prediction if you ask me.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Digikid said:
Exactly what I was going to say. The bible says that no man will know the end of times....ONLY the Lord will know.

SO no it is not the end.

Only the Lord will know! Is that Jack Lord of Hawaii-5-0 fame.......that man is good eh! Book him Danno!

The Archangel

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Digikid said:

SO no it is not the end.

Only the Lord will know! Is that Jack Lord of Hawaii-5-0 fame.......that man is good eh! Book him Danno!

The Archangel

I loved the original!

Most reactions

Latest posts