What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver7714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my mom has a 2nd Gen iPod nano. Our last computer was fried and we lost all hard drive info. Now my mom want to sync all songs that are on her iPod with our new computer. Each time we have tried this iTunes wants to erase the iPod and place the iTunes music back on it. The only problem is that she has music that was transferred from CD's to the iPod. Over the past few years some CD's have been lost and she does not want to loose that music.

How do I sync the iPod with iTunes and not erase the music that was not purchased via iTunes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome

In respect to your question you will need to purchase an application for your PC or Macintosh that will copy music from the iPod to your computer. I personally cannot recommend any one program but hopefully someone here can assist. A quick search using google should provide you with some recommendations.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that from experience with my iPod Nano 5th generation that the iPod can only be attached to one computer and one itunes account. Im not sure what else to say on that matter.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The last time Quicksilver has been online was more than 5 years ago. I'm sure he doesn't need any help for this problem any more.

@Thomas1977
If you wish to help other members - and we would be very happy about any help - look for threads from this year. It's more likely that the OP in those threads will return to see your suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions