What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhoto for iPad question

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the critical reviews for iPhoto for the iPad are favorable and enthusiastic. On the iTunes store, the user reviews are almost all negative. I hesitate to purchase iPhoto because of this conflict. What gives? Thanks.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think iPhoto is just ok. It's more stylish than anything in the way the app looks and feels. It's not a bad app but for me snapseed is far better.

Sent from my iPad 3

russ331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded Snapseed when it was briefly available for free.

The online reviews I've read indicate that Snapseed is as good as or better than iPhoto.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
russ331 said:

The online reviews I've read indicate that Snapseed is as good as or better than iPhoto.

Me too. I think it was part of the iTunes Xmas app free downlaod each day

Sent from my iPad 3

jaegerhof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased iphoto for my ipad2. I have a large group of photos. I can view my photos, but I cannot find anything that allows me to search for a specific photo. There are too many to scroll

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most of the critical reviews for iPhoto for the iPad are favorable and enthusiastic. On the iTunes store, the user reviews are almost all negative. I hesitate to purchase iPhoto because of this conflict. What gives? Thanks.

I think iPhoto is just ok. It's more stylish than anything in the way the app looks and feels. It's not a bad app but for me snapseed is far better.

Unfortunately, none of the iPad photo apps are a complete & ideal solution - I have over a half dozen on my iPad2 (hopefully the iOS 7 upgrade will bring some improved updates or even new ones - fingers crossed?). For 'image editing', both iPhoto & Snapseed can be used to crop and alter images but neither will 're-size' (an important feature for me) - iPhoto uses the native photo app's organization, while images need to be brought in individually into Snapseed for editing (might make a difference for some); however, when I do want to also re-size a cropped and/or edited image, Photogene offers an 'export' option that permits re-sizing (see attachment) - for me the bottom line is that several apps are needed to perform image editing. Good luck in your selection(s) - Dave :)

Photogene.PNG

Most reactions