What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone sync cable not same as ipad cable

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently not. Try using the cable that actually came with the iPad. There is apparently something different about it. Now, backup and sync on my iPad fly

NOW YOU HAVE TO MARK YOUR CABLES

NICE JOB APPLE:(:(

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have used my iPhone cable to sync from day one. I have not even taken the one that came with the iPad out of the box...... Have no idea what you are talking about.....

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's the same damn cable. I've used multiple cables from my various devices they all charge it. The only thing different is the ac adapter part.

OP
S

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WELL MAYBE MINE HAS AN INTERMITTENT BUG OR SOMETHING
THE IPAD CABLE DOES NOT LET THE IPAD DROP OUT DURING SYNC AND THE OTHER DOES
Hmmmmm

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WELL MAYBE MINE HAS AN INTERMITTENT BUG OR SOMETHING
THE IPAD CABLE DOES NOT LET THE IPAD DROP OUT DURING SYNC AND THE OTHER DOES
Hmmmmm

Swel - I had the same problem. My iphone cable synced very very slowly and got hung up a lot, when I used the other cable, it went fast-no problem. I even tried it again with the old cable and the same thing happened.

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must have half a dozen USB i-cables, and a Firewire version somewhere.
So far no noticeable difference between generations in compatability or speed (except the Firewire).
I agree with the assessment that you old cable is most likely damaged.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the cables are the same, but the ac adapter is different, an iPod ac adapteer will take forever to charge the iPad, so make sure you use the charger that came with it.

sim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used my iPhone cable to sync from day one. I have not even taken the one that came with the iPad out of the box...... Have no idea what you are talking about.....

Ditto. I haven't taken the one that came with my iPad out of the cute plastic wrapper. Been using one of my iPhone ones and my syncs fly....but I only have about 85 apps and 300 or so photos...no music. In the process of downloading a movie from iTunes and will probably load my 9 gigs of music on at some point this weekend which should slow things down.

Steve

Jandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two iphones and two iPads in my house and we constantly use different cables for charging and synching we have not had any problems.

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Add me to the group that has no problem interchanging iPad to iPhone cables. I use them both depending on where I am.

Most reactions

Latest posts