What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone for music, iPad for books?

C

claireylouisa

Hi,

I think I'm one of the few people who actually doesn't want my iPad and iPhone to both sync everything from my iTunes! I have 13.5GB music so have a 16GB iPhone, and have about 15GB of books I want to read on my iPad, so I really can't have iTunes just syncing everything to both devices. Is there a way I can connect to the same iTunes but have completely different things on each device?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Claire

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Yes, I doubt many people actually do sync the exact same things on their iPhone and iPad, much more common to have different things in both, just set up your sync settings for each device in iTunes. For music you may want to setup separate playlists for each device and sync to those rather than the whole library.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's dead easy. When you connect each device, instead of checking the box which syncs everything for each category of media (e.g. music, video, photo, books), you just select what it is you want to sync. It's really quite intuitive. iTunes will remember separate configurations for all your devices, so no problem with phone, pad, pod, etc, being different.
Best way to find out about it is to try it!

Most reactions

Latest posts