What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4 on Verizon

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who's getting an iPhone on Verizon this week?

I think I am.. Went to AT&T and they wanted a $500 deposit!! I did a "pre-qualify" buying a droid (didn't buy it, just testing) and I got to the very last page after it spent a minute checking my credit. Didn't come back saying a deposit was needed. Just pay $200 + tax for the phone and this is your montly service estimated bill amount.

If this is the case, I'm kinda excited. Regardless, I'll be up at 3am :D Who's with me! We can start a chat or something..

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much as I would like to have one, the minimum of $90 a month is just too hard for me to swallow. I guess I'll stick with my ENV3 for now, lol.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much as I would like to have one, the minimum of $90 a month is just too hard for me to swallow. I guess I'll stick with my ENV3 for now, lol.

I agree. I have always wanted an iPhone ~ but that monthly bill and a 2 year contract always derailed me.

I will stick to unlimited everything for my Blackberry @ $60 a month.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
e97aabe2.png

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also like my unlimited everything on my 3 Blackberry's as well. I do want an iPhone really bad though. It's willpower at this point.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay $85 a month now for myFav 5 on T-Mobile with 900 anytime minutes. Unlimited text and data.

However on the iPhone 3G running the EDGE network, it's a slow phone and slow network compared to the iPad! I was affraid of this..

Thankfully my boss said he may be paying for my phone bill being I'll be using it for work so the $115+tax a month won't hurt as bad :)

ddstree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday and jailbroke shortly after getting it out of the box :)

I am a happy man

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's in the front office being help captive!! I can free it at 9am! 2.5 hours!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I've been using mine for a day now and its really great....the company im at has super fast wifi so I haven't gotten to really try 3G yet, but the core functions are awesome...I received a couple phone calls so far and sound quality is awesome with 0 background noise, no cutting out at all and no ghosting (droid ghosted sound a LOT)...also no loss in signal with this fictional death grip issue. So far so good.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed in iTunes there is already a firmware update for the Verizon iPhone and it doesn't officially launch until fri! LOL

And the update has locked up my iPhone like when I updated the iPad....DAMNIT!!!

Last edited:
OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EEK!!

It's 11:50pm MST. I can place my order at 1:01am.. just an hour an 11 min away!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so heres the deal...if you have Wi-Fi Sync installed on your computer make sure you uninstall it...it will make it so you can't update your device!!

All fixed now!

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know!

Well I just orderd. I forget what shipping said.. is it free next day?? Anywho, got it on lock down now :)

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this is no good..

I'm scheduled to move to TX on Feb 18th.. after placing my order, I'm told my iPhone is scheduled for a ship date of Feb 18th, and will arrive within 5 days of my ship date.

What the %*$#!!! :/

Most reactions

Latest posts