What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPF App?

Chemmilt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first joined, there was a popup that said an app was available. Unfortunately I could not access the App Store at the time since I was on 3G only. After I got on wifi, the invitation to use the app no longer appeared.

If there is an app that allows direct access to these forums, I'd like to use it. In the meantime I cannot find it. Suggestions?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, rather confusingly our app is called "Discussion Forum for iPad Users". Search the App store for "discussion forum" and you should be good to go. It is a purple icon. OK?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and for future reference, you should be OK to access the App store over 3G. It only blocks very large downloads. A small app like ours should be no problem. I use the App store every day on 3G.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The app uses considerably less bandwidth than the website, therefore it tends to perform faster than comparable operations on the website. Some also consider the native interface easier than text entry on the website forms. However not all the features of the site are available in the app.
It comes down to personal choice. The app is free so I suggest you give it a go and make up your own mind.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the advantage of using the app vs. the website?
Other than the obvious portability, I haven't found one. IMO the functions of a regular keyboard and mouse make it much easier.

I read the website on iPad, so I'm not clear how the app would increase portability.
I guess I was assuming if someone was using the website, it was on a PC and the app on an iPad. My bad for assuming. Then I can't think any advantage.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app uses considerably less bandwidth than the website, therefore it tends to perform faster than comparable operations on the website. Some also consider the native interface easier than text entry on the website forms. However not all the features of the site are available in the app.
It comes down to personal choice. The app is free so I suggest you give it a go and make up your own mind.

Good to know. Thanks for this info.

Most reactions

Latest posts