What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPads sold out on first day?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think the iPad will sell out the first day of sales? I wonder if they will fetch a higher price on Ebay like the Wii, PS3, etc did? Might be worth buying some extras initialy? :D

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think on this product you'd be crazy to pay above retail.

First off, Apple has at least 60 days to ramp up production to meet demand.

Secondly, the demand is more relaxed then the pre-hype, so I think there will be plenty of units to go around.

This is not like the iPhone which exceeded the hype during release and you could still get those pretty easily.

In short, don't pay a premium.

Just my 2c.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive talked about the ipad at school. None of my friends are planning on getting it. But there are people who thinks is great, and amazing. So, yeah it will be sold out,just for the simple reason of it being new and made by apple.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I expect pretty decent price drops within 3 months of release.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What the reasoning behind them not wanting one?

Ive talked about the ipad at school. None of my friends are planning on getting it. But there are people who thinks is great, and amazing. So, yeah it will be sold out,just for the simple reason of it being new and made by apple.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because all of them want a portable devise but that can be brought to school easily. Also they are all multi taskers.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
There will definitly be a line on the day of release in all the major cities, and yes, most likely sell out!
Personally im waiting for the 3G version, and will place a preorder if possible!
Im also getting the apple case for it first thing...

imatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will definitly be a line on the day of release in all the major cities, and yes, most likely sell out!
Personally im waiting for the 3G version, and will place a preorder if possible!
Im also getting the apple case for it first thing...

That just made me think of something. I wonder if there will be a difference in demand between those wanting to get the wifi and those wanting to get it with 3G.

I recently read an article that the 3G won't allow iPhone sim cards so AT&T is bagging us for twice the 3G price (bull**** IMO).

Also, I'm sure there are some people that, regardless of what type, want to be the first ones to say they have an iPad so they'll go for the wifi.

On another note, I hope this product has a larger version of screen protection like the one this girl in one of my classes in college has. It's a black film strip that covers her iPhone so no one can see it from the sides.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something interesting I've noticed....

Whenever I speak about the iPad to the 7 or 8 "tech geek" friends that I have, they all hate it and say they will never buy it and will boycott it and blah blah blah.

Whenever I speak about the iPad to the normal people that I know, about 50% say they can't wait to get it, about 30% say "I don't really want one", 10% say "I want it but don't have the money" and 10% say "What's iPad?"

Based on these observations, I think the iPad will sell pretty well. If it will be sold out on the first day all depends on Apple and how many they produce before release day.

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think the iPad will sell out the first day of sales? I wonder if they will fetch a higher price on Ebay like the Wii, PS3, etc did? Might be worth buying some extras initialy? :D

This is Apple were talking about. of course it will be a sell out

iPF Noob
Reaction score
**snip**

On another note, I hope this product has a larger version of screen protection like the one this girl in one of my classes in college has. It's a black film strip that covers her iPhone so no one can see it from the sides.

I didn't see one of those on Apple's website. Are you familiar with what it's called and where to get one because I'm very interested in such a thing :D

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I expect pretty decent price drops within 3 months of release.

Exactly, while I want more than one for myself and family, I will be buying the WiFi only model when it retails and within a few months or perhaps even immediately buy the 3G version on its release.

I'm still curious where they will be sold and available for pickup, or if they will be an Apple site and Apple Store exclusive. I'm thinking being a larger device than iPhones or Touches, that all Apple centers will sell them along with Best Buys and Wal Marts.

Garbageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been waiting for an Apple Tablet product for a long time just like the rest of us. Last fall I even mentioned to my wife that I didn't care how much it cost. Then it was unveiled and was noticeably lacking a camera. This device screams video camera for networking - its not there - as a result I have been second guessing my plans to be first in line to buy one. No I don't think they will be sold out on the first day.

Most reactions

Latest posts