What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad's Exchange Email

mojo1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have to setup Exchange email on 6 new iPad's. This is relatively straight forward, however I'm struggling with the following.

Connected to the internal wireless network I have to setup the server name of our exchange on the ipad as the internal name of the mail server, i.e. ex01.mycompany.com

However externally this doesn't work. To get the iPad email to work outside of the internal network I have to use the name of my external MX record, i.e. mx01.mycompany.com

Now this isnt ideal as I don't want users to have to keep changing the server name.

I've read in a couple of places about creating an internal dns record for mx01.mycompany.com with the internal IP address of the mail server but not sure if this is the way to go.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mojo

Most reactions