What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPads and Target Stores

caver3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has likely been discussed, but I bought my iPad at Target - not online. I did so because of their return policy. I got the 64 gb wifi originally. After a couple weeks I took it back, paid the difference and got the 3G version. No questions asked. Painless.

I was told that their 3 month return policy also holds for the iPads. So, if I run into an issue, I can take it back within the 90 day period. BestBuy is good for 30 days.

Worth keeping Target in mind for such purchases.

caver3d

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hm...I had wondered about that: Other than adding more locations to buy an iPad, what do these retail outlets have to offer? Thanks for the tip.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At Best Buy and Target they have tons of accessories! A whole two walls full. But all of it was ugly and cheaply made.

Seriously. Lots of iPads locked up though!

Gen3tix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on purchasing an iPad from Target as well based on what I've read about their return policy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what I have gathered from various blogs and forums, customers have 90 days to return their opened product without having to pay a restocking fee. However, the policy on Target.com states that they only accept new, unused products for refund, and a 15% restocking fee on certain items such as portable electronics (which I am not sure if this applies to the iPad.)

If anyone could just clarify Target's return policy on iPads, I would greatly appreciate it. I certainly would like to purchase an iPad, but also want the reassurance that if any issues arise, I have the option to simply go to my nearest Target store and return my product for a full refund.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad would fall into the portable electronics. If I were you I'd just ask up front how the return policy fits to the iPad.

Also, if you're a bestbuy rewards member you have a longer period for returns.. If I remember correctly you have 45 days and no restocking fees. But don't quote me!

OP
C

caver3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They carry limited supplies of iPad thus the options of exchanging are also limited.

Where I live there are several Target stores. I originally bought the iPad at one store and returned it at another store and upgraded to the 3G. if one store is out of stock, usually 3 or 4 other stores have it.

caver3d

Iamking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Target return policy is great I purchase mines from them but is had mark on It return it no questions ask. Went to another target and got a new one.:D

breckbd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Target Won't Accept Ipad Returns

I purchased an ipad and decided to return it a couple of weeks later but was told Target absolutely would not accept returns for electronics (espeically Ipads) that had been opened.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased an ipad and decided to return it a couple of weeks later but was told Target absolutely would not accept returns for electronics (espeically Ipads) that had been opened.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Take it back and talk to a manager. If they claim that's the policy, ask for a copy of the policy in writing. They will not be able to produce it because that's NOT their return policy. See below, with the most relevant caveat highlighted in red:

A receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns and exchanges.

All returns and exchanges must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and accessories. A form of personal identification may be required. Some items cannot be returned if opened and may only be exchangeable, including music, movies, video games, software and collectibles. Other restrictions may apply.

Restocking Fees: Some items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics.

breckbd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. They sent me away with an 800 number for their customer service. The person who answered the phone told me the same thing about their policy of NOT returning opened ipads.

Thanks again.

jay7872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I work at a target store in New York as an electronics Team Lead. i can assure you that Target accepts returns on Most items with the exception to opened food, under garments, dvds, video games, CDs, and computer programs. The ipad is considered a portable electronic device in our inventory, but regardless we will accept the ipad within 90 days of purchase with a receipt. There are some items that can be returned without a receipt but only if you charged it against your card, posses the card when you make your return, and if the item is not tied to a serial number. The reason being we cannot verify what the serial number on the actual unit was since it is recorded on the receipt. we can look up the transaction itself but that takes a great deal of time depending on the manager that is currently servicing the customer service department.

for those of you who brought your ipad right before the Ipad 2 announcment you have 90 days to return your current pad for a full refund. dont expect the ipad 2 to be landing in our stores for some time, as HQs is reporting we wont be expecting a shipment until at earliest ending of summer.

Hrk3498

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad from target about 2-3 weeks ago. I see the iPad 2 is coming out this Friday and was wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to take it back and exchange it for the iPad 2. It is still within the 90days and I have the receipt and box. I would appreciate any input.

Last edited:

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I will go with the white 64 3G. For 100.00 more I can double my space its a no brainer for me. Who knows what I will find to do with this thing

Most reactions

Latest posts