What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadOS14: iPad doesn’t grasp which app is “in front” anymore!

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2 apps in side-by-side view. I tap on one to begin typing, as in logging into an online forum, but my typing appears in the other app - in other words, NOT the app I tapped on. I have to hide the unwanted app for my typing to appear in the app I want it to appear in.

Anyone else? Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I sometimes have trouble with this in Numbers. Nothing new. It’s happened for a long time. In my experience tapping just anywhere in the app is not enough. You have to tap in an editable text field, and make sure the currsor appears.

That said, I’ve noticed more instances of keyboard typing delays (hardware) and other minor glitches. This is the risk of upgrading before the firt couple of revision updates, so I’m not too worried over the long run. Still isn’t as bad aw the iOS 13 update’s first few weeks.

Most reactions

Latest posts