What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 as a scanner?

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use my Ipad3 as a scanner? if so can someone teach me please.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1340030946.451154.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1340030946.451154.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 306

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you can use some apps as a scanner. But it depends for what reason you will use that scanner. You can use Scanner Pro app.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Turboscan. Is Scanner Pro better than Turboscan?

With this app you basically take a picture of what you want to scan and crop it. You can email the a PDF or jpeg to someone your store it on the cloud (dropbox, for example). It is effectively the same function as a regular scanner, but without the bulk. It typically works with the phone too or with the iPad. Turboscan is an iPhone app but it runs on the iPad as well (but you need to do the old 2x thing and it only comes up in portrait mode).

OP
V

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info and suggestions. By the way if I scan it with my Ipad using the application what format of the picture it will produce?
Also what is better turboscan or scanner pro?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Turboscan gives jpegs or PDFs. You can email
Them to yourself or others or save to dropbox or Evernote.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Saw this related product in the news the other day.

I have a real scanner at home, and no need for a higher quality portable solution (at least not one I'd actually remember to take with me); so no matter how I twist it in my head I can't quite justify paying for this deceptively simple product.

If only I had some conferences to attend (sigh).

Scanbox - Turn your iPhone into a portable scanner by Phil Bosua — Kickstarter

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I use Turboscan. Is Scanner Pro better than Turboscan?

With this app you basically take a picture of what you want to scan and crop it. You can email the a PDF or jpeg to someone your store it on the cloud (dropbox, for example). It is effectively the same function as a regular scanner, but without the bulk. It typically works with the phone too or with the iPad. Turboscan is an iPhone app but it runs on the iPad as well (but you need to do the old 2x thing and it only comes up in portrait mode).

I think scanner pro is better as this a genuine iPad app, full size

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Saw this related product in the news the other day.

I have a real scanner at home, and no need for a higher quality portable solution (at least not one I'd actually remember to take with me); so no matter how I twist it in my head I can't quite justify paying for this deceptively simple product.

If only I had some conferences to attend (sigh).

Scanbox - Turn your iPhone into a portable scanner by Phil Bosua — Kickstarter

I find it quite handy and quick to scan on an ipad compared to a Desktop scanner, I also manage all my PDF'S on my iPad, I scan invoices and expense slips, for example, articles out of books when on the road.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I find it quite handy and quick to scan on an ipad compared to a Desktop scanner, I also manage all my PDF'S on my iPad, I scan invoices and expense slips, for example, articles out of books when on the road.

I bought Scanner Pro specifically for that kind of thing, but I rarely have need of it. I'm retired (mostly), so my daily life doesn't need a lot of documentation; but I like to keep jus-in-case apps handy. I'm at least half packrat, I suspect. A family trait.

When I do go into scanner mode it's usually a pile of old documents (or pictures) involving hours of scanning and filing. The computer and a scanner (with feeder) works better for that. Especially since what I'm mainly doing is archiving, which will end up on the computer anyway.

The Scanbox looks like a great solution to me; for someone who has an iPad* or iPhone and no scanner, or as part of a portable business solution. Something you can set up and use in a hotel room, conference table, or even in a vehicle. Add a sheet of anti-glare plastic to hold down un-cooperative sheets, and it should produce superior results to just point and shoot and adjust.

Darn. I've almost talked myself into buying it, again.

* I think there needs to be an attachment/extender before it will work well with the iPad. From the looks the iPad would either fall off, or tip the box over.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I bought Scanner Pro specifically for that kind of thing, but I rarely have need of it. I'm retired (mostly), so my daily life doesn't need a lot of documentation; but I like to keep jus-in-case apps handy. I'm at least half packrat, I suspect. A family trait.

When I do go into scanner mode it's usually a pile of old documents (or pictures) involving hours of scanning and filing. The computer and a scanner (with feeder) works better for that. Especially since what I'm mainly doing is archiving, which will end up on the computer anyway.

The Scanbox looks like a great solution to me; for someone who has an iPad* or iPhone and no scanner, or as part of a portable business solution. Something you can set up and use in a hotel room, conference table, or even in a vehicle. Add a sheet of anti-glare plastic to hold down un-cooperative sheets, and it should produce superior results to just point and shoot and adjust.

Darn. I've almost talked myself into buying it, again.

* I think there needs to be an attachment/extender before it will work well with the iPad. From the looks the iPad would either fall off, or tip the box over.

When i need large scan jobs done , I use my clients big office machine , it spits out scan jobs quickly into a central folder in PDF, one day I will buy a smaller machine like it.

Most reactions