What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 vs iphone 4

salem2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm absolutely LOVE my iPhone 4 and was thinking of buying an iPad 2. But what can I possibly do on it that I can't already do on my iPhone? I use my iPhone more than my desktop, I even pay my bills from my iphone. If the iPad had a USB port then I could see a definate difference! Am I missing something? Help!! I don't want to waste my money but if there's more to it then it would be worth it.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you enjoy and use your phone as much I know you love the iPad even more because the screen size.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

suroresort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
salem2010 said:
I'm absolutely LOVE my iPhone 4 and was thinking of buying an iPad 2. But what can I possibly do on it that I can't already do on my iPhone? I use my iPhone more than my desktop, I even pay my bills from my iphone. If the iPad had a USB port then I could see a definate difference! Am I missing something? Help!! I don't want to waste my money but if there's more to it then it would be worth it.

No phone on iPad. I have iPad and am looking forward to buying an iPhone next month.

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I felt the same way about my iPhone and I still have the 3GS, I never thought I could function without my phone it was all I needed, but All the things I love about my phone are enhanced on a larger screen, go for it, u will love it!

mobilemg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with the comments that the screen is huge impact benefit. And it is lighter than previous iPad 1. All you do things on watch, edit, read, etc., become a versatile tablet and ease of use really. I have both of them, gain much productive on doing my things. Wouldn't be a mistake having one...if you intend to spend. :)

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I felt the same way about my iPhone and I still have the 3GS, I never thought I could function without my phone it was all I needed, but All the things I love about my phone are enhanced on a larger screen, go for it, u will love it!

I agree with you here. I have both iPhone 4 and the iPad 2 and love both of them. The iPhone 4 is good for places where I wouldn't normally bring big devices, such as work. The iPhone 2 gets used a lot outside, at home and my in-laws house.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you watch a lot of movies then the iPad has a maximum 64 GB memory capacity whereas the iPhone's maximum is 32 GB.

Tim

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you watch a lot of movies then the iPad has a maximum 64 GB memory capacity whereas the iPhone's maximum is 32 GB.

Tim

This is another good one. I always forget about the benefit of more memory as it the case with the 64GB model. :)

acwsops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting into using apps with the gps are actually usable... I have the iPad and the gps even works when there is no cell service, I've used it in northern canada driving days past cell coverage and as long as you have the maps loaded your good to go... as a pilot/ driver you can have it open on a map and leave it in the passenger seat and read it without leaving the controls or worrying about getting pulled over.

Also at the time I got mine, I had worked the math that the plans and 3 year contract for the iPhone 4 vs iPad data plan and basic phone/ text plan on the cheap jobber phone; it was $600 cheaper over the 3 years to go with the iPad and jobber phone.

But at this point I would like to get an iPhone to go with it... hope that helps

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad before the iPhone, i was always against apple and a Nokia fan. After seeing how well put together ios was I just had to get an iphone.

If you dont want an ipad because alot of people dont really "need" one. Just save your dosh. But they are a really nice piece of kit

Most reactions