What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad2 trade in?

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll the Apple stores accept a trade in and give an allowance toward the iPad 3 .? Doubt it but thought I would ask.

OP
timtruro

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, think I will stay with the 2 for this yr. it's 3G and 32 gig so a nice little system for me. Been using it here in Aruba to Skype, pay bills, email, and generally staying connected with family in the US. It has performed well with local wi fi. Given the roll out for the new one, probably best to keep this and get my money's worth.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly the iPad 3 isn't really much of an "upgrade". The biggest thing you get is a clearer screen, which is pretty useless unless you are doing something that requires excellent graphics. IMO, apple failed with the new ipad

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Honestly the iPad 3 isn't really much of an "upgrade". The biggest thing you get is a clearer screen, which is pretty useless unless you are doing something that requires excellent graphics. IMO, apple failed with the new ipad

They didn't fail............lol I can't believe you said that. Its apples upgrade system, anyone expecting anything radical was dreaming.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HowBoutThemPack said:

That's why Apple did not call the new unit iPad3. Wait for iPad3 for the "major upgrade".

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevis99 said:
That's why Apple did not call the new unit iPad3. Wait for iPad3 for the "major upgrade".

Yeah, just like the 1 to the 2 was so great........or the iPhone 3 to 4.....

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I like Apple products. But too many people overhype them for what they really are, especially in phones when the android platform is ahead of iPhone

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
maleaco said:
Does Amazon offer better prices for buy-back, then say Craigslist or Ebay?

Neither of those guarantee you a known amount. Amazon does as along as you properly state the condition of your device. I think if you want to maximize your returns, use eBay or CL and hold out for the price you feel you need. If you want quick, easy, and certain, then consider amazon or a similar service (amazon offered me more than gazelle did). Ymmv.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HowBoutThemPack said:
Don't get me wrong. I like Apple products. But too many people overhype them for what they really are, especially in phones when the android platform is ahead of iPhone

I don't think it is overhyping if the features offer something meaningful to the person in question. Frankly, the screen resolution of the 1st and 2rd gen iPads were a big issue for me. Thus the new screen is exactly what I need and want on such a device (I used mine everyday since I got it for both work and play). This may not be so for you and others, which is why it is good to have options.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Fyi: best buy is offering up to 280 dollars for the ipad 2 and 225 for ipad 1. Depending on size of course

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I don't think it is overhyping if the features offer something meaningful to the person in question. Frankly, the screen resolution of the 1st and 2rd gen iPads were a big issue for me. Thus the new screen is exactly what I need and want on such a device (I used mine everyday since I got it for both work and play). This may not be so for you and others, which is why it is good to have options.

I agree, options are a great thing. Some will find the new features worth getting or upgrading to and others like me will just stick with the iPad 2. All good.

Most reactions

Latest posts