What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 stuck in an infinite loop of pass code lock screen

bmwu14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi:

I have a iPad2 3g 64G 5.01 iOS, JB'ed. Today, I finished playing angry bird seasons and shut the iPad down.
I then decided to charge it. I connected the cable and plugged it into the wall socket. The iPad turns itself on as usual.
However, this time, the pass code screen comes on for 2 seconds and then resets itself; several seconds later, the pass code lock screen
appears again. It's stuck in this infinite loop.

I am at a loss of why this happens this time. Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Benson

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where you will receive a better response.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you tweak the plist file to install a 5.1 only app on 5.0.1 by any chance?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a badly behaving tweak. What was the last thing from Cydia you updated or installed before you rebooted? Anything which messes with the lockscreen?

What you really need to do is force SafeMode. See our guide here. Hopefully you have OpenSSH installed and you can get it activated that way... - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

Let us know how you get on.

Most reactions