What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 not charging through via PC USB

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
Just received my iPad2. Connected it via USB to PC. iTunes, photo sync etc. - everything works perfect.

But on the upper right corner I see "Not Charging".

It charges with from wall 220V with no problems.

What is the problem with USB? USB works and charges all my mobile phones. Except iPad2.

Lostie73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB does not have enough power, only latest USB ports do. Happens to me too there is something on the Apple website, but I can't find it ATM.

Dingchow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really is charging, but very very slow. There is not enough power.

Any workarounds how to make PC USB port more powerful? Adapter? Whatever?

Thanks!

Buy a new PC/Mac...or use the AC adapter...

I guess its pretty hard to read? Asus AI Charger does this. Its software. It's a workaround
Asus came up with to compete with apples charging sys. It adds power to the USB bus.

My system is a am2+ and it charges my iPad 2 with it installed.
Ps it's software

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dingchow said:
I guess its pretty hard to read? Asus AI Charger does this. Its software. It's a workaround
Asus came up with to compete with apples charging sys. It adds power to the USB bus.

Ps it's software

Thanks!
I will try That application.

Btw, my pc is pretty new :(

mbbm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 2010 MBP charges my iPad 2 (and my previous iPad) just fine. I haven't yet been able to get it to charge with a Windows PC USB. It has to do with the amount of power generated. You'll find this is the case with car chargers as well. If you turn your iPad off, it'll charge (but very slowly).

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure is the AI Charger has been updated but near the end of 2010, there was lots of talk on the ASUS forum that folks were getting BSD's and having other problems. Hopefully, it's been updated and is working better now.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It charges just fine via USB

even though it says in is not charging. It does, however, charge at a slower rate than it would with the wall charger included with it.

Lostie73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dingchow said:

Ps it's software

Tried the Asus AI charger and works a treat, thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dingchow said:

Ps it's software

Tried the Asus AI charger and works a treat, thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I 2nd that: Asus AI charger does the job.

Most reactions