What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 mirroring

ercsliberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i upgraded my ipad2 to ios5 and cant find how to mirror it to my apple tv, i dont have any airplay icon on my springboard. any help please? thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the iOS section, where there are currently a number of threads on iOS5 problems.

Tim

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to upgrade your Apple TV to version 4.4 software.
Go to the General section of the Apple TV menu then check for updates and follow the bouncing ball.
Once you have done the update everything works like magic. To access airplay mirroring just go to the bottom task bar and scroll all the way to the right until you see the video controls. The Airplay icon for mirroring is there.

aal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have updated Apple TV software today, updated Ipad2 and iPhone to IOS5 and still can't work out how to get air mirroring of IPad working. Air Play is on on Tv . All apple photos etc work as before, but I thought IOS5 included mirroring!

Perhaps it is me being a little dim?

aal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have to set a password for mirroring?

aal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now found the icon. I was a little dim! No password is required.

The icon is a new blue one on the IPad on the task bar where the IPod controls are. So for simple people like me, you just press the home button on the IPad twice and drag the bar to the right. Why do Apple keep that hidden away, and not include it as a setting?

athosk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I did upgrade to IOS5 and Apple TV to the latest softwares. I do see the option to to choose between Ipad and Apple TV but when I choose the Apple TV, I don't see the option for mirroring.
What am i doing wrong?
Thank you

aal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you been to the task bar (on IPad2) where IPod music controls are? There you will see the new relevant icon for mirroring. It turns blue when you press it and then your IPad2 sends everything to Apple tv- which presumably you updated already. Then both the IPad and your TV have identical content on the screens.

athosk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i got what the problem was. I upgraded my Apple TV but it seems that it only upgraded to 4.3. I tried again but it would say that i have the current update. The i hooked my APV on my Mac and did a full restore and update , so now everything works fine.
Thx for the help guys

divchamp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help on mirroring

Hi,
I too am having a problem with mirroring. I upgraded my Ipad2, and also connected my ATV to my computer and updated it. I read somewhere that it might be the earlier software version and that just doing a direct update on the ATV might not work, so I did the whole restore thing on it. Prior to my updating both, when I pressed home button twice, and swiped to right, it would show IPad and ATV, but no mirroring. After I updated my ATV, now it doesn't show IPad and ATV, just same control as my IPod for playing, any suggestions? I just purchased my ATV 3 days ago brand new, so I know it's the new model...please help, I'm getting frustrated...

Last edited:

Most reactions