What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 Calender and Email settings

alexrose90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

when i click on my calendar there is no tab to create a new event, therefore i cannot create events to remind me what to that day, week etc etc. does any1 know how i can fix this?

Also when i go on settings, and click on, mail, contacts and calenders my ipad freezes, and returns to the home page, therefore i cannot set up an email address and access my email on my ipad.

All of this has happened since downloading IOS5!!!!

Please help, Thanks

Alex

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way to fix the returning to Home screen problem is to completely power the iPad down by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears, then accepting the offer to switch off. When the screen has gone completely blank, press the Power switch again until the white Apple logo appears. See if this fixes that problem.

Tim

OP
A

alexrose90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, tim but this did nothing, still the same problem!

I think i may have to go to my local apple store.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not heard any other Members with this problem since updating to iOS5. The 'returning to the Home screen' problem is usually due to lack of RAM and more frequently afflicts the iPad1, which has only half the RAM of the iPad2. Completely switching off the iPad causes the operating system to do some housekeeping - including freeing up unused RAM.

One last suggestion - let's teach the iPad who is boss!! - a reboot. Switch the iPad off and then hold down the Home and Power buttons together for 6-9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot - takes a while. See if this fixes the problem.

Tim

jdcf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just started having a similar problem on my iPad 1. i press Calender to start it, it flicks open for a second then returns to the home screen.

powering off and on or rebooting doesn't fix it.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Joe

Most reactions

Latest posts