What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD2 Backup trouble

leeandmyla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just got my first Apple product a few weeks ago, an iPAD2. Now I want to upgrade to IOS5, but I cannot for the life of me get my iPAD backed up. I have tried rebooting both it and the computer, changing settings, etc., and it still just runs for hours every time I try to back it up. There's not that much on it, but I don't want to lose the emails, calendar, etc. that are there. Would be most grateful for any help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I apologize in advance, but I'm too lazy to re-type everything, so ... please go to post #1 and post #6 in this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/50230-my-ipad-wont-backup.html

In those two posts are all the suggestions I could think of to help another member in backing up their iPad. Please, give those methods a try and let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Marilyn

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to Marilyn's good advice, and just as an FYI, here is a list of what's backed up on iOS Devices like the iPad, iPhone, etc.:

iTunes: About iOS backups

Note that email settings are backed up, but not email messages themselves during a normal backup. That said during the upgrade process your email messages should be retained (mine were), however there are a few reports of some or all email messages being lost. If you have critical emails that you need to save you should plan accordingly. If your emails are lost but are still on the mail server you'll be able to access them again of course, however if they are not you should do whatever you feel necessary to keep them...either forward them to yourself, another email account you have, etc.

Here's a list of tips prior to upgrading as well:

iOS 5 Upgrade Troubleshooting

Most reactions

Latest posts