What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad1 owners: Will you upgrade to iPad2?

iPad1 owners: Will you upgrade to iPad2?

• Yes - there are enough improvements that I've gotta have one.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No - My current iPad suits my needs just fine for now.

Votes: 71 60.7%
  • No - I'll be buying a new tablet, but it won't be an iPad2.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Maybe - I'll wait to see how the rest of the tablet market shakes out this year.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Joanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't - I haven't even scratched the surface of using my iPad's capabilites and I learn something new everyday.
It's more than enough for me right now, a few years from now might be a different story.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first generation suits my needs just fine. I did just get it three months ago, but I think even had I gotten it last April, I would still wait until another generation. That said, I am more than happy that Apple has moved forward with the 2. The other platforms have cameras and faster processors, etc, so I can understand staying current and competitive, especially as people use tablets for different things. I don't need the faster processor speed for graphics, and I have no current interest in the camera, otherwise, then yes, I would consider selling the current to buy a new. But for my uses, there is just absolutely no reason to, so I'm not going to. In a couple years from now when the battery dies, I imagine I will probably then replace with whatever the latest generation is.

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an iPad since last June, but just upgraded, I love it as it is. I am thinking I will give it all a wait and see. It is a lot of money to spend and right now the changes are not quite enough to make me want to move up to the iPad2.

Chiky

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For now my iPad is doing all that I ask of it, so I'll not be replacing it for a while. Maybe if the iPad3 is all the rumours suggest, or if one of the up-coming android tablets manage to be all they promise, but only then.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my price difference refund for my iPad 1 today. Went to an ATT store and got a Mophie iPhone 4 charger pack, set of Plantronics Bluetooth headsets and iHome Bluetooth speakers. They were running a special and I got all that for my refund plus $60. Not a bad deal for the sacrifice of not upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife was saying she'd like an iPad so if we get a second one it'll be an iPad 2 3G and she'll take over mine...but it's not a must have.

ConnorS92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in LOVE with the White iPad. I got the 16g 3G iPad for my b'day in June and will be definitely getting a 16g White iPad before the summer.

ConnorS92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mattiazzi said:
I will be getting the new iPad, but is there anyway to keep the file and apps I have on my "old" iPad?

I don't know for sure but I'm sure u can plug in a new iPad and use the most recent back-up from the first one onto the new one. That way you'll have all the data from the first onto the second. But I'm not too sure

arci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i read that ipad 3 will be release this year?..if so i will wait for that one..if not then maybe i will get ipad 2..for the facetime..

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
arci said:
i read that ipad 3 will be release this year?..if so i will wait for that one..if not then maybe i will get ipad 2..for the facetime..

Its not going to happen. Apple calls 2011 the year of ipad 2. That means 3 in 2012. Get 2, be happy ;)

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Its not going to happen. Apple calls 2011 the year of ipad 2. That means 3 in 2012. Get 2, be happy ;)

I thought he said 2011 year of the copycats ;)

Most reactions