What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad withdrawal symptoms

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else suffering withdrawal symptoms. How am I going to cope for a week without an iPad :(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um, no. I would never leave myself without an iPad (or placebo), lol. Why are you going without for a week?

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Um, no. I would never leave myself without an iPad (or placebo), lol. Why are you going without for a week?

I had both of mine refunded. I thought they were due to be released today :(

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know..using an iPhone 5 just isn't the same. I want my Ipad back .

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pre-orders start today....I got my orders in at 3AM, EST! :)

What did you get?

I succumbed and ordered a 64GB 4G model. Delivery date is set for Nov. 26.

I tried talking myself into waiting till next quarter, because of MS Surface pro, but figured I'd finally use an Apple gift card that had been lying around for 1.5 years.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What did you get?

I succumbed and ordered a 64GB 4G model. Delivery date is set for Nov. 26.

I tried talking myself into waiting till next quarter, because of MS Surface pro, but figured I'd finally use an Apple gift card that had been lying around for 1.5 years.

I've never had an Apple gift card....i feel left out!

I ordered at 64 GB Wifi and a 64 GB LTE model, both Minis. I got black, too. I think the back of the black one looks cooler, though the white is lovely (on the front). I just happen to think that if the front is lovely it distracts the eye. Now I need to find the perfect case...on the first try. I wasted a lot of money on cases in the past, so I want to do it right this time. I usually put a skin on the back right off, too, to ensure against scratches.

There will be plenty of time to get a Win8 machine. I think I can wait a bit before I just on that. I'm sure I will eventually, but I have more Windows machines than I know what to do with.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had an Apple gift card....i feel left out!

I ordered at 64 GB Wifi and a 64 GB LTE model, both Minis. I got black, too. I think the back of the black one looks cooler, though the white is lovely (on the front). I just happen to think that if the front is lovely it distracts the eye. Now I need to find the perfect case...on the first try. I wasted a lot of money on cases in the past, so I want to do it right this time. I usually put a skin on the back right off, too, to ensure against scratches.

There will be plenty of time to get a Win8 machine. I think I can wait a bit before I just on that. I'm sure I will eventually, but I have more Windows machines than I know what to do with.

Both minis for yourself, or will someone be getting a nice gift?

I don't like white gadgets, but that's just my pref.

I'm easy with cases. All my gadgets, except Kindle Fire, wear cheap TPU back-only cases. Fire has rubber backing and can fend for itself even after being dropped, I've found.

I like my devices streamlined, and if they all came with rubber backs for easy grip, I'd leave them naked.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once of them will likely go back, I'm too much of a cheapie to gift someone a 64GB iPad, and everyone who I might do that for are all non-techies. Such I miserable existance I have. :). Actually, I've had several of my technophobe friends develop an interest in the mini where they had none before. They all say it is because of the greater portability....goes in the purse, etc..

I like mine streamlined too and certainly don't want to ruin the lightness of the Mini has that is the one of the two main reasons I bought it (weight and to get an extra 64GB so I can split my apps between it and the 3nd gen). On, and the other reason I like the case is for the stands....but it needs to be lightweight. I might want to sell the darn thing, though it seems Apple will likely make it obsolete in 3 months or so.... :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once of them will likely go back, I'm too much of a cheapie to gift someone a 64GB iPad, and everyone who I might do that for are all non-techies. Such I miserable existance I have. :). Actually, I've had several of my technophobe friends develop an interest in the mini where they had none before. They all say it is because of the greater portability....goes in the purse, etc..

I like mine streamlined too and certainly don't want to ruin the lightness of the Mini has that is the one of the two main reasons I bought it (weight and to get an extra 64GB so I can split my apps between it and the 3nd gen). On, and the other reason I like the case is for the stands....but it needs to be lightweight. I might want to sell the darn thing, though it seems Apple will likely make it obsolete in 3 months or so.... :)

Agree on portability, which is why I love my Samsung Note phablet. It even fits in all but my tiniest evening purses (the ones that hold like a lipstick and a credit card, lol).

I figure by the time we order, they've already started designing the next models, so "obsolete" is relative. As long as a gadget does what I want, it's not obsolete to me.

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up keeping my Ipad 3. I just couldnt bring myself to pay the extra for the new one, when what I had does everything just fine. I fail.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ended up keeping my Ipad 3. I just couldnt bring myself to pay the extra for the new one, when what I had does everything just fine. I fail.

You don't fail. You made the right decision for YOU! That is all that matters.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree on portability, which is why I love my Samsung Note phablet. It even fits in all but my tiniest evening purses (the ones that hold like a lipstick and a credit card, lol).

I figure by the time we order, they've already started designing the next models, so "obsolete" is relative. As long as a gadget does what I want, it's not obsolete to me.

Yes, are you quite correct on the usefulness part, but I just meant in terms of ability to command a good price when sold. I'm keeping my 3nd Gen iPad because its usefulness to me as not diminished one bit. Also, I have a suspicion that Apple themselves are unhappy with the 3 and 4 gen iPad and will not rest until they can get the weight of them down to either at or less than the iPad 2, with equal battery life, and even thinner. I think once they achieve these goals, the iPad 2 will disappear. I'm thinking I should wait for this before getting a new full-size iPad. Even though I tend to act like a "must have every item of tech" person, I actually believe in waiting for upgrades than bring tangible additional benefits.

That Samsung Note is a good thing. I saw Molly Wood on cNET putting it through a torture test...or maybe that was the Note 2. If Samsung were smart, they would rip the phone part out of that thing and sell it as competition to the iPod Touch. Lots of folks would buy it.

Most reactions

Latest posts