What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad with Apple TV

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this but thought I would mention that the Ipad works great with free app remote for Apple TV and also like using Airplay to show my photos from Photo app on TV with ease.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it works great. Much better since the update a couple of weeks ago.

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
Does Apple TV require a monthly subscription to watch TV or is it just a pay once kinda deal? and also does it work with a normal HD TV?

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To stream Netflix you have to have a subscription and they run from $4.95 up. To watch movies from Itunes you have to rent from $.99 up. You can view youtube, Itunes Podcasts, flickr all free. Anything you stream from Computer or Ipad through homesharing or Airplay free but you can't watch TV per se.

You just have to be able to connect with HDMI cable so any HD TV should work. If you use a sound system with your TV, etc you will also need an optical/audio cable in addition.

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did what the Apple TV manual said. HDMI to TV, optical/audio to separate sound system if you are going to use audio--assume if you are streaming music from computer (?). Works is all I know LOL. This isn't my area of expertise. Might also be needed for AirPlay (?)!

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts