What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad wifi question.

Autobot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have noticed a week ago that when i'm downloading something like a podcast or an app on my ipad or iphone, it seems to interfere with the other apple products (ipad, iphone, mac). Here is what happens. I normally download movies on my mac, i have the download progress window on firefox open to see how fast it is downloading ( quite fast). But as soon as i download something like an app or a podcast on my ipad or iphone i can see on progress bar on my mac, the speed has slowed dramitically, from 1 mb to 40 kb. I have my mac connected to a neighbors wireless network and using the ipad or iphone on my wireless network so the slowdown in speed isnt because its sharing the same network. Are the wirless parts the same inside all three apple product and is it the reason for the interference and the speed slowdown?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It maybe that you've got them both working on the same WiFi channel. So both downloads are trying to use the same radio frequency.

Tim

fastonnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
interference on apple unites

even they use the same layer of frequence, I don't think that they should intereference, I never notice it. I will look in to it though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, when radios are close to each other, even when they are on different frequencies, they can cause reception problems. Try moving the the iDevice a few feet away from the computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts