What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wallpaper, does it really rotate?

neither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking around for an actual image of the iPad desktop (or the home page) in landscape mode. I couldn't find one which makes me wonder if the wallpaper will rotate at all?

If you look at the portrait image of the ipad desktop:
http://images.apple.com/ipad/features/images/home_screen_20100127.jpg

... like iphone, the desktop will be full with icons. It would be weird for those icons to move around.

I think, just like iPhone, the wallpaper won't rotate to keep perspective align with the icons. Others like apps, images, etc will rotate.

thought?:)

OP
N

neither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Abblepc, I watched the keynote video carefully this time and I see it at 17:15 time into the video when Steve closes the browser.

I watched it twice before but I didn't see it :)

hamletpri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad wallpaper rotation

yeah it does rotate, tried it on the simulator just before, but it makes you wonder what the optimal ratio would be???

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have discussed this extensively. The correct format is 1024x1024. If you have a subject(person, building, vehicle, etc..) you must place it in the 768x768 region. When the iPad rotates it crops each side of either left and right or top and bottom by 128 pixels. Outdoor scenery shouldn't matter(as long as you don't chop off the ocean or the sky):D

Most reactions

Latest posts