What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad VPN - Itunes album art and WD NAS share

JamesM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
Am a happy little vegemite with my Ipad and now Ipod - bought for my son and wife. Good gear...gettting used for more that I first intended. However, some questions

Do i really need to get a VPN for both - there is little conversations on this forums over this but more on the www. I intend to use hotspots (my ISP provided ones) when not at home and I have chatted to my ISP about security and they reckon not. Any pro/cons and suggestions here

Also..I have a WD MBWE NAS - after doing the std s/ware upgardes..the NAS (where my media is stored)..no longer comes up in shared devices..the small circle keeps going around and around ie loading and does not stop. I tried to wind back Itunes OK but the IOS is the killer...I have opend up folders with music / add to library ...seems to be OK. Any comments here??

With Album art in Itunes/Ipad etc...I have used Media Monkey and others to get the Album art but this does not seem to refresh in Itunes....so do I need to reload the whole lot again..?? I have fouind that some art loaded into itunes and some did not - even tho MM got the lot..I have no idea why. Suggestions welcome

Many thanks....James M

Most reactions