What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad using AirPort - How to secure?

cke140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi-
I have an iPad2, and purchased with it an Apple Airport, so I could use it in a hotel that only has wired Internet in the room (LAN). I can connect, but so can everyone else within range. How do I secure my connection?

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Surely they would need the wifi password to connect? You must have set one up with the airport ? The iPad just remembers it so you don't have to think about it, but other people would require the password to login to your airport.

OP
C

cke140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No password that I know of. I don't need to put one in. My wifi connection does not display a "padlock" symbol next to it, but I can see right now that another Apple airport does, and requires a password to connect.

OP
C

cke140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get to the Airport Utility? Do I need to do that from another computer, or can I do that directly from my iPad?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 5 will include an Airport utility. Until then you need to use a computer.

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts