What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad user selection?

GEE_911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, picked up my iPad2 the other day, only problem being that i have to share it with my father :\ Now i want to know if there is a an app or jailbroken app that allows me to create separate user accounts on the iPad?

E.G: When i switch it on, there will be an option to sign into mine or his account, asking for a password etc? I know it sounds abit stupid, and i highly doubt there is anything like this, but i thought i would give it a shot.

Alternatively, is there any way that i can keep my apps protected by passwords? EG if i put all the apps i don't want him to use (My FB & Twitter) into a folder, can i put a password on that folder?

(Again) alternatively, which Facebook or Twitter apps have "Pin-code" protection? Or ones that will remember my username but only ask for my password?

Any app or jailbroken app (I know its not jailbroken yet, but when the jailbreak is released i plan to jailbreak) reccomendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Darlenediva2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my first IPAD First Generation today and have questions about IBooks. Do I have to pay for the books? I downloaded the app and notice books are $12.99. Is there somethng I am not understanding or is there a site where I can get free or low cost books?

Sorry for dumb questions. This is sooooooo new to me.
Thanks in advance for any info :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darlenediva2 said:
I got my first IPAD First Generation today and have questions about IBooks. Do I have to pay for the books? I downloaded the app and notice books are $12.99. Is there somethng I am not understanding or is there a site where I can get free or low cost books?

That's it. Have to buy. If you want them legally. But who likes pirates?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as we're talking books, there are many other book apps, including barnes & noble and kobo ( borders). And Overdrive is available to check out books from your local library if they've joined.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GEE_911 said:
What do you mean "Tweak"? Sorry iPad n00b here :p

Do you guys know of any Twitter/Facebook apps that require a pin code to open them?

Friendly has an option for a pin.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darlenediva2 said:

There ARE free books available in iBooks, but the library is limited. Mostly classics. And there is a free download in iBooks from Macworld - iPad 2 User's Guide- which you may find very useful! :)

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
There ARE free books available in iBooks, but the library is limited. Mostly classics. And there is a free download in iBooks from Macworld - iPad 2 User's Guide- which you may find very useful! :)

Whoops - just saw that you have a first gen. I'm not too sure about iBooks for first gen ...

Note to self: THINK before typing reply. Gah. :/

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the iPad 1 and have found free books in many ebook sites, many classics and others, too. Barnes & Noble has lots of free books and low cost books, also free samples to help you choose. Of course they also carry the more expensive books!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:

Whoops - just saw that you have a first gen. I'm not too sure about iBooks for first gen ...

Note to self: THINK before typing reply. Gah. :/

umm...yeah. Helloooooooo? :D:D:D

OP
G

GEE_911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GEE_911 said:
What do you mean "Tweak"? Sorry iPad n00b here :p

Do you guys know of any Twitter/Facebook apps that require a pin code to open them?

Friendly has an option for a pin.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Thanks man, i downloaded it. Works great!

Know of a Twitter app that works the same? And where is the Tweetdeck iPad app?

Last edited:

Darlenediva2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darlenediva2 said:

Smashwords has very reasonable books. got 5 for $8.00

Most reactions