What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad USB There is not enough power

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought one of those Camera adapters for my iPad to plug USB devices into it.

I have a Nexus One and the idea was to tether the N1 with my wifi iPad over wifi which works beautifully but I wanted USB on the iPad to just charge the Nexus One.

However I get this error when I plug it in: There is not enough power.

Is there anything I can do :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Afraid the USB adapter is only to allow you to transfer photos from a camera, not to also charge the device which is connected... shame!

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Afraid the USB adapter is only to allow you to transfer photos from a camera, not to also charge the device which is connected... shame!

Not exactly. I use my USB adapter for all kinds of devices. I have even connected my Motorola Droid to it. The problem is that the Droid or any cell phone draws more power than the iPad will output. There is a workaround to get them talking. If you connect a powered usb hub to the iPad and plug your phone into the hub the iPad will recognize the phone and allow you to transfer files. Of course this doesn't help you because you are wanting to charge your N1. I tether my phone as well and always have a charger for my phone because with wireless tether turned on the battery goes extremely fast. Another thing I am considering is buying a second battery for my phone that I can switch out when the power gets low. Anyway good luck. I'm anxious to hear what you come up with.

s00paSold3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or you could just use your Nexus One as a wireless hotspot and not even worry about wiring it up at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts