What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad under $650: which should I buy?

veronica.p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm begginig in music production using iPad, so I wonder what model under $650 you recommend, (between new and refurbished). That's because, here in Brazil, used ones are more expensive than new ones. So I am waiting for someone I know to come here from the USA.

Thank you a lot!

Regards : )

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any of the newer models can handle most audio and music apps and task easily. However, if you can afford it, one of the Pro models with the USB-C port will give you more room to grow, especially when it comes to external hardare, storage, and connectivity.

That’s just a general observation. I don’t create music on my iPad, but I do like to keep an eye on the stuff you can do with one.

Note: The first couple of Pro models did not have USB-C ports.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first iPad Pro models had lightning ports that were USB-C compatible. They had 16 contacts vs the 8 contacts in a standard Lightning port and with a lightning to USB-C cable could connect to the USB-C ports on a newer Mac for faster data transfer as well as the 29w MacBook USB-C charger.
reddit: the front page of the internet

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
True. But if you can afford it, it’s better to have the new standard USB-C port than having to deal with adaptors. In my oppinion anyway. Then again, I always prefere the best I can afford at the time. Lasts longer.

Nothing wrong with the new 10” iPads. I’d be pretty happy with one of them as well. There are also enough of them to keep third party manufacturere building lighting port (with USB-C compatibily) peripherals: weakening my standard USB-C argument, I suppose.

Most reactions