What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Tethering

dlam9946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading about this and I am trying to understand it.

Can I tether the Ipad with my Verizon Thunderbolt HTC, so I can use my 4G LTE internet speed for the IPAD when I am traveling?

Hsunami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
should be able to. Via the mobile hotspot or the wireless tether you should be able to. The phone essentially would act like a router or wifi spot so ur ipad should pick it up. Thats what i plan on doing since i am grandfathered in for unlimited data on my phone.

OP
D

dlam9946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a specific app that I need to download on my phone to turn it into a hotspot? or whatever it needs to be turned into?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a specific app that I need to download on my phone to turn it into a hotspot? or whatever it needs to be turned into?

No. You just go to Settings/Personal hotspot and turn it on. Then follow the instructions on screen.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im betting Verizon charges for mobile hotspot. To do it you need to root your droid then download a program like pdanet which will give you that capability. Thats how I used to do it on my droid and thats what I currently use on my jailbroken iPhone.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you phone has a wifi hotspot tethering option then yes your iPad would be able to connect to your phones wifi hotspot in order to use its internet.

I think what you have been reading however is about the new iPad and how Verizon is offering the wifi hotspot for free with your iPad data plan. This would let any wifi devices use your iPads internet connection.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Verizon hotspot is free, but AT&T is not offering that feature for free. Either Verizon will do like AT&T did with the unlimited 3G service for the original iPad, and discontinue the free hotspot shortly, or AT&T will follow suite with free hotspot.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
The Verizon hotspot is free, but AT&T is not offering that feature for free. Either Verizon will do like AT&T did with the unlimited 3G service for the original iPad, and discontinue the free hotspot shortly, or AT&T will follow suite with free hotspot.

Fortunately apple solved this problem for us by creating one worldwide iPad and a jailbreak or unlock will allow unsatisfied new ipadders to switch btw carriers.

ladynikon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That really depends on your carrier. I have Sprint and pay 30 bucks a month for 5gs. My husband has T-Mobile and unlimited tethering...

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ladynikon said:
That really depends on your carrier. I have Sprint and pay 30 bucks a month for 5gs. My husband has T-Mobile and unlimited tethering...

AT&T lost the (pur)suit for t mobile the first time, I don't think it will happen again.

Most reactions

Latest posts