What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Tethering

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were to tether the iPad to something like an AT&T iPhone, all you need is the regular wifi version right?

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Assuming the ATT&T phone can act as a WiFi hotspot...yes. I am uncertain (but doubt it) whether you can tether iPads through a USB cable.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xhuntercx said:
If you were to tether the iPad to something like an AT&T iPhone, all you need is the regular wifi version right?

Yes that is right I have a t mobile smart phone that I use the tether my wifi only iPad

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Schoff0310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xhuntercx said:

Yes. My friend does that. ATT cost $45 for that feature but it works great!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, two my friends said their iPhone 4 gets pretty warm/hot when they walk around with their iPhone in the holster acting as a hotspot for their wifi iPad.

unkleschilke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Bluetooth Panu connection mainly, on my droid 2. However, when I use my d2 as a hotspot (rooted, using wireless tether app) the iPad really does not make the d2 too hot.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiWi is an app that requires a jailbroken phone and/or iPad and can only be found on Cydia (the app store for jailbroken iPhones/iPads).

There are other tethering apps for Jailbroken phones - but I only know about MiWi, which works very well. I DO HAVE the Verizon paid tethering plan (Personal Hotspot), and that feature requires NO outside application to function.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

unixinfoservice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, However, if your home broadband dies, or a router fails, it can accommodate a advantageous advancement until the army arrives. iPad users will get to account from a amount of new multi-touch gestures, as demonstrated in the video with new swipe gestures, accessing menus and other features.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, However, if your home broadband dies, or a router fails, it can accommodate a advantageous advancement until the army arrives. iPad users will get to account from a amount of new multi-touch gestures, as demonstrated in the video with new swipe gestures, accessing menus and other features.

Say what:confused: I can't tell if you are trying to be funny and lost it, or English is your 10th language.;)

Most reactions