What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad storage help/movie downloading

ealong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded a movie from itunes onto my ipad. I have a few questions;
1)it's saying we have no more space for any other movies. That can't be correct!
2) We wouldn't need wireless to access that movie, correct?
3)Should we be backing up/syncing to itunes?

We're headed on a long international trip where wifi could be spotty, and we wanted some movies for downtime.

Thank you!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ealong said:
I just downloaded a movie from itunes onto my ipad. I have a few questions;
1)it's saying we have no more space for any other movies. That can't be correct!
2) We wouldn't need wireless to access that movie, correct?
3)Should we be backing up/syncing to itunes?

We're headed on a long international trip where wifi could be spotty, and we wanted some movies for downtime.

Thank you!

1. This all depends on your iPad specs and any other apps, music, books and videos you already have on it. Look at Settings -> General -> About to find out how much available space you have.
2. No, you will usually need to download/sync and watch the movie.
3. Yes, I recommend regular backing up by syncing to iTunes. You can make do without it whilst traveling though. I would do a sync/back-up before leaving.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What size is your iPad? Movies can take up several gb of storage space for each movie.HD movies can be 5-6gb or more.Standard definition movies can be 1.5-3gb or so.

Most reactions

Latest posts