What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stand/holder

Darth Maniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - new forum member here.

I am looking for a stand/holder for the iPad when not in its case. Basically I want something that allows me to adjust it to multiple angles especially a comfy typing angle similar to the apple cases typing angle. I have seen this:

Holder for iPad series XV1 - ipad stand, ipad accessories, ipad holder,

This is probably the best I have seen and looks like the sort of thing I want - sleek, unobtrusive and with multiple angles. However it costs an awful lot for what it does. Any similar but cheaper alternatives out there?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get holders for a few cents with a little looking. Anything design to hold a plate, picture, etc will do the job.

WoodZealot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.woodzealot.com
I'm new here as well... I just recently started making iPad stands... I made one for the similar reasons... wanted something that looks good on a desk when I'm using it as a photo viewer or just watching a video... you can see my stand in my avatar...

I do have one listed on etsy.com and am currently making many more... when I have a good supply I'll probably make a thread here to let everyone know and provide a discount for members... my stands currently aren't adjustable but that's something I should probably think about! Thanks for that!
Charles

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am looking for a stand/holder for the iPad when not in its case. Basically I want something that allows me to adjust it to multiple angles especially a comfy typing angle similar to the apple cases typing angle.

Thanks.

I just ordered a stand from groovystand.com because I was also looking for a cheap alternative to some of those other stands. I hope that it does what I want - raise the iPad to a better viewing angle when on my lap, which is most of the time!! I ordered the one with the wider grooves hoping that I can keep it in its case. Can't wait to get it!!!

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the groovystand. Someone else asked me about it in another thread. There was evidently shipping delays. It DID take a couple of weeks to get it, but after getting it, I just realized it comes out of Canada. It's a little cheesy, not very well finished, but works perfectly.

talzo2

It's probably better then the alternatives from Hallmark:

v0sfe2

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am looking for a stand/holder for the iPad when not in its case. Basically I want something that allows me to adjust it to multiple angles especially a comfy typing angle similar to the apple cases typing angle.

Thanks.

I just ordered a stand from groovystand.com because I was also looking for a cheap alternative to some of those other stands. I hope that it does what I want - raise the iPad to a better viewing angle when on my lap, which is most of the time!! I ordered the one with the wider grooves hoping that I can keep it in its case. Can't wait to get it!!!

I have the dual stand. It does take a bit to get here. And communication wasn't so great, but the product arrived, I am happy with it and use it several times a day. Great to have for watching movies on netflix with. I'll have to post some pics. What I did was buy an extender cable so i can use my iPad with my Bose sounddock, and i stand the iPad with the groovystand and watch movies without having to hold it and with the sound coming out of the Bose. Pretty happy with that setup.

Chizno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad Stand

Tab-gear.com has a few iPad stands that not only has the perfect typing angle for the iPad, but it looks like they're going to be adding additional features to expand the base into other uses. They're also good if you have a macbook and want to set it up at an angle for easier typing.

The best part about these guys is that the stand is made 100% in the US. Also made with 100% aluminum coated in a rubbery-ish powder coat. The classic Mac white is my fav, but the black goes well with the iPad too.
slideshow-10.jpg

clausr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I too needed a good and discreet holder for the iPad.

So I have designed and get manufactured the iPadBuddy myself. Search Google for iPadBuddy and you will find my webshop.

Also check the great reviews.

/ClausR

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a simple, elegant solution that works and only cost me $2.50 at the office supply store - Business Card Holder. There are a couple photos of it down about 1/2 way into the article.

iPad in My Workplace Extra Thoughts

Great page, love the stand I think that is very handy, and I think I actually have one laying around somewhere that I dont need, question for ya though and you probably do not get this a lot LOL but what desk lamp are you using? It has a small foorprint, that is something I want.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Great page, love the stand I think that is very handy, and I think I actually have one laying around somewhere that I dont need, question for ya though and you probably do not get this a lot LOL but what desk lamp are you using? It has a small foorprint, that is something I want.

Haha, I have no idea. It has no markings and was in a closet here at work gathering dust. I hate florescent lights, so I use that lamp instead. It is just some old generic lamp.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya they get to me after awhile too, causes major headaches.

Most reactions

Latest posts